As the security industry continues to adopt higher-definition video capture technology, requiring continuous recording and extended video retention periods, video archive storage mangers are challenged with a vast increase in data storage requirements. The resulting effect has been an overwhelming demand for capacity and scalable storage.
Weather it is a PC-based security system or the latest IP-Cam video surveillance system over a network, Infortrend's storage solutions deliver high-performance, high-reliability and simplicity to ensure users benefit from fast and high available access to critical security surveillance data, while IT departments and administrators get a cost-effective, easy-to-maintain data storage that is scalable and expandable with the growth of CCTV, DVR and NVR systems.
Infortrend solutions allow security and surveillance applications to:
- Ensure the best I/O performance and quick response time to clearly capture images
- Scale storage capacity as needed
- Protect recorded data for future usage or regulatory compliance
- Allow users to easily link the IP-Cam with the SAN structured storage
- Reduce storage management overhead
Infortrend solutions provide:
- Horizontal and vertical scalability. To increase system capacity and performance, users can connect storage systems to expansion enclosures or add additional systems to the existing storage pool.
- High capacity design. Some models can house up to 24 hard drives in one system enclosure with the flexibility to scale capacity even further with expansion enclosures.
- Fault-tolerant hardware design and full RAID protection. Users have continuous access full integrity data during hardware component or drive failure (up to 2 drives).
- Flexible drive choices. By intermixing high-performance and large-capacity drives, users can deploy storage tiers to cost-effectively support information with different levels of importance
- Centralized management platform. Various advanced functions can help IT managers easily configure, monitor and maintain multiple storage systems through a user-friendly GUI.