With the rapid evolvement of the rich media market, media creators are challenged to deal with more complex projects, files of larger sizes and a growing variety of formats and resolutions. The ideal media storage is expected to provide high performance, stability, reliability and scalability to enable high-speed and non-disruptive workflow from acquisition, post production to delivery. Infortrend storage meets video production demands with proven throughput power, AV-optimized features, high fault-tolerance and easy scalability for improved IT efficiency. Whether in SAN or DAS environments, Infortrend storage solutions easily allow media creators to dynamically optimize productivity.
Infortrend solutions allow digital media creators to:
- Boost the workflow efficiency of multiple simultaneous HD and SD streams
- Protect valuable media content against logical and physical storage errors
- Flexibly expand storage to accommodate and process large-sized media files
- Minimize administration efforts to configure, monitor, maintain and optimize storage systems
- Maximize storage investment to support rich media files
Infortrend solutions provide:
- Sustained high performance. Infortrend storage can maintain stable and smooth media editing, sharing and distribution with ultra-high bandwidth and advanced firmware algorithms, such as intelligent read-aheads and periodic cache flush.
- Fault-tolerant hardware designs and full RAID protection. Users have continuous access to data of full integrity during hardware component or drive failure (up to 2 drives).
- Horizontal and vertical scalability. To increase system capacity and performance, users can connect storage systems to expansion enclosures or add additional systems to the existing storage pool.
- Centralized management platform. Various advanced functions can help IT managers easily configure, monitor and maintain multiple storage systems through a user-friendly GUI.
- Storage virtualization and thin provisioning. Consolidated storage capacity is utilized in the most efficient way and can be scaled on-demand without disrupting online applications.
- Flexible drive choices. By intermixing high-performance and large-capacity drives, users can deploy storage tiers to cost-effectively support information with different levels of importance.