For general businesses, information loss and slow data access can hinder business operations. However, for healthcare providers, data availability is a matter of life and death. This makes 24x7 data availability and instant access the first requirements for healthcare storage. Moreover, to handle growing PACS and EMR data, healthcare storage solutions must provide flexible scalability. When data intensive medical images and patient information requiring long-term preservation are generated, the storage solution has to scale performance and capacity to process and accommodate increasing data volumes. Based on a high-performance and manageable platform, Infortrend storage solutions address the challenges of medical storage demands efficiently. With Infortrend storage solutions, the correct, up-to-date data is always available allowing healthcare professionals to deliver quality medical services to their patients.
Infortrend solutions allow healthcare organizations to:
- Ensure service continuity during storage scaling and maintenance
- Protect patient records against logical and physical storage errors
- Fully leverage system power to quickly and smoothly process large-sized medical data
- Meet changing application needs through flexible storage expansion
- Retain medical records for regulatory compliance cost-effectively
- Reduce storage management overhead
Infortrend solutions provide:
- Storage virtualization and thin provisioning. Consolidated storage capacity is utilized in the most efficient way and can be scaled on-demand without disrupting online applications.
- Storage-based snapshot and remote replication. Differential and full copies can be used for quick data recovery in the event of a storage system malfunction.
- Distributed load balancing. Workloads are automatically distributed equally across multiple storage systems to maximize IT productivity.
- Horizontal and vertical scalability. To increase system capacity and performance, users can connect storage systems to expansion enclosures or add additional systems to the existing storage pool.
- Centralized management platform. Various advanced functions can help IT managers easily configure, monitor and maintain multiple storage systems through a user-friendly GUI.
- Flexible drive choices. By intermixing high-performance and large-capacity drives, users can deploy storage tiers to cost-effectively support information with different levels of importance.