With limited IT budgets, many state and local government agencies have to compromise on their storage deployments for low total cost of ownership (TCO). This often results in a storage environment with low utilization, poor protection, and complicated management. In the long term, wasted resources defeat the original purpose of controlling cost. Infortrend bases its storage solutions on a flexible, manageable and highly-available platform to ensure real cost-savings with IT efficiency. With Infortrend solutions, government organizations can best leverage their information assets to meet growing data demands.
Infortrend solutions allow government organizations to:
- Achieve necessary capacity and performance through as-needed expansion
- Consolidate storage for easy management, increase allocation flexibility and maximize utilization
- Minimize service disruptions caused by natural disasters or human errors
- Reduce costs to meet data retention needs
- Accommodate explosive data growth without forklift upgrades
- Improve datacenter energy efficiency to contribute to green initiatives
Infortrend solutions provide:
- Storage virtualization and thin provisioning. Consolidated storage capacity is utilized in the most efficient way and can be scaled on-demand without disrupting online applications.
- Centralized management platform. Various advanced functions can help IT managers easily configure, monitor and maintain multiple storage systems through a user-friendly GUI.
- Horizontal and vertical scalability. To increase system capacity and performance, users can connect storage systems to expansion enclosures or add additional systems to the existing storage pool.
- Storage-based snapshot and remote replication. Differential and full copies can be used for quick data recovery in the event of a storage system malfunction.
- Power-saving design. Technologies such as intelligent multi-level drive spin-down, 80 PLUS-certified power supplies and dynamic cooling mechanism are integrated to deliver best-of-class energy efficiency.
- Flexible drive choices. By intermixing high-performance and large-capacity drives, users can deploy storage tiers to cost-effectively support information with different levels of importance.